Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Makes me Happy

Someone on my local message board asked us all to list things that make us happy- things that aren’t husband/child related. Writing the list made me happy, so I thought I’d post here. I even added more than what I told them. What a good way to start a day.


~Christmas Eve at my mom’s house.
~Cadbury Crème eggs
~Starbucks white chocolate mocha
~Having long, serious discussions on stupid topics
~Animals in general. Mostly baby ones.
~The ocean. Especially sitting out on the beach at night and staring into the blackness.
~Getting lost in a good book.
~New clothes.
~Spending time with my sisters.
~Christmas trees.
~Weddings.
~Standing outside on a silent winter night when tiny snowflakes are falling and look like glitter. It makes me feel like nothing could ever go wrong.
~Waking up somewhere new on a summer morning (like on vacation) and sitting outside enjoying the freedom that being away from home brings.
~Slow dancing (not so much with Paul, though. After almost 8 years, he still doesn’t know where to put his hands! Also, the height difference makes it difficult.)
~Going to the Park and feeding the ducks. Sometimes, they will completely surround you so that you are standing in a sea of them.
~Warm weather in December. (or Jan or Feb or anytime in the winter)
~ Having out of town relatives over and staying up late into the night talking about everything and nothing.
~Crawling into (or back into) my super comfy bed.
~Moments like this: This morning when I was driving in, I passed a field that was kind of overgrown. There was a small hill somewhere in the middle and a doe was standing completely still and looking toward the trees. There was fog on the ground, and the sun was just rising, so it hit in just the perfect place. I wanted to stop my car and stay in that moment for hours.

What makes you happy?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Great idea and great list! These are many of my favorites!

jill said...

Great list! You hit on many of mine as well :)

Alissa said...

Random question for you - Do you know why "My Infertility Diaries" (www.twolivecrew.blogspot.com) went private? I tried to check in today and wasn't able to view her blog. :-( I'm hoping everything is ok.

Hope you're feeling well!

Grand Pooba said...

What a great idea to write down everything that makes you happy! Definately something to do when you need cheering up!

My husband and I love clean sheet night. It's our favorite night of the week. LOL

We also love hanging out on our deck at night relaxing with a night cap and good conversation!