Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just stuff

My sinuses hate me. I feel like I’m stuffed with cotton from the base of my neck to the top of my head. My head is so stuffed with cotton, that it made me forget a bunch of important stuff…. Like the fact that it’s ICLW! (and some other important work-related stuff, too. It’s pretty frustrating. I know the knowledge is somewhere in my brain, I just can’t seem to get to it. Totally annoying.)

I really don’t have too much to talk about today, so I’ll just give you a glimpse into my tv junkie mind.

American Idol auditions bore me. I think they showed a whole 1 or 2 decently talented people on last night’s episode. I fast forwarded through most of it. And Bikini Girl from last week? Please. I hope this season gets better, because right now it seems like a joke. Kara DiGuardi is pretty cool, though. At least she’s credible.

24 is back, and started the season off well. I did a little happy dance (OK, a big, over the top happy dance) when I saw a few of my favorite faces back. Tony Almeda is totally hot, and I really missed Jack Bauer. I think I’ll forever miss David Palmer. He was my all time favorite character.

Gossip Girl was OK this week. I’m over Dan and Serena. I haven’t liked them with anyone else they’ve been paired with, but I don’t like them together. I think I’m just mostly over Dan. I’m super stoked about Lily and Rufus, though. They’re sweet together…. I’ve been rooting for them since the pilot. It was good to see Blair as the Queen B again. Nate + Vanessa = boring. I liked them together at first, but the pairing makes Nate have not enough screen time. I’m not all about that. Also? Jenny’s hair? Ew. It’s so bad it’s distracting.

One Tree Hill was only OK this week, too. I’m really glad that Julian is turning out to be a good guy for Brooke. She’s my fav, and I like him. What else has he been in, though? It’s driving me nuts. Also, is it just me, or does anyone else think that James Van Der Beek (sp?) should have come back as Dawson? I mean, Dawson was a director, and his character would have been THE PERFECT choice for Lucas’ movie. Am I right?

The Big Bang Theory is my new favorite sitcom. I still love HIMYM and The Office and always will, but TBBT makes me laugh EVERY TIME. It’s just really smart comedy. It kind of reminds me of my friend who is an astrophysicist. (You think I’m kidding, don’t you? I’m not. He was one of my best friends in HS, grew up within walking distance of my parents’ house, and currently lives in Switzerland with his super cool wife.) So anyway, I like that show.

Lost starts tonight. I have mixed feelings about this show….. I loved it until last season. I’m really frustrated with the fact that it raises all of these questions and then NEVER ANSWERS THEM! EVER! I’ll watch, and I’ll probably become addicted to it again, but I’m not all that pumped for it.


Yesterday was Inauguration day! Whether you love him or hate him, President Barak Obama made history last night. I feel so blessed to see this in my lifetime. He has a lot of expectations to try to live up to. I hope people realize that he is only one person, and he is only human. Change won’t come immediately, but I believe it will come. My prayers go up for the Lord to protect him and guide him to the correct path for this country.

11 comments:

Erin said...

I've had the same dilemma with LOST lately. Though I do find myself excited today, just to have something new to watch! Plus I miss Locke and Hurley.

I haven't watched much of The Big Bang Theory but maybe I'll give it another try based on your comments. I do love HIMYM!

Nice to find you on ICWL this month!

Michelle said...

OMG I think the Big Bang Theory is one of the funniest sitcoms ever. I love it! Also I was very excite to see 24 back it has been a very long time.

Staci said...

i agree, he should have come back as dawson...DUH!! And Im soo sick of american idol, everyone just wants their 15 mins of fame, you rarely see anyone with any real talent....and im refusing to speak of bikini girl...it made me physically ill to see someone act that way.....UGH

Soralis said...

I am addicted to Lost and 24! I am pretty much over American Idol.

Good luck with TTC.

ICLW

Cajun Cutie said...

aww... I miss Dawson

Melissa said...

I totally agree with you..I LOVE TBBT and HIMYM. I am also a huge fan of Jon and Kate plus 8. I think secretly I am hoping that DH and I will have enough children to have our own tv show!

I am also a huge fan of Idol, but have been very upset with the auditions. I just can't wait to get to Hollywood week when all the fun begins and you really get to hear them.

Anonymous said...

I got turned off with the American Idol auditions. Seriously, get on with the show!

Here from ICLW...No. 3
The Unfair Struggle (male-factor IF, friendship, life on the ice)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Sounds like a Saturday on the couch with the DVR is in order! Hope you feel better soon.

Happy ICLW!

Jessica White said...

I hope you feel better soon. I haven't watched Lost in a long time: It just got too frustrating.

ICLW

Kristin said...

If you really liked David Palmer, you should check out Dennis Haysbert in "The Unit". The show is awesome and he has an amazing character in that show too.

ICLW

lostintranslation said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! Can't say much about the TV shows, I can hardly stand to watch the American series dubbed into French, and we're always at least a season behind you guys...
*ICLW#39*