Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Let's see if I can keep this up

I've never been good at keeping a journal. I've always had big dreams of becoming the next Anne Frank (minus the scary Nazi stuff.) Since I was a little girl, I've hoped that someday someone would find my old journals and publish them, and I'd always be remembered with a slight air of mystery. I must have started 20+ journals with this thought in mind, but then I'd end up forgetting about them and packing them away, never to be seen again. Some of them I actually destroyed, embarrassed by the amount of times I had written "I Love _____". If one of my siblings had found that juicy piece of information, I'm sure my LIFE WOULD BE OVER! I could NEVER SHOW MY FACE AGAIN! I am older and wiser now... and I spend about 50% (ok 70%) of my day on the internet anyway, so I thought I'd give blogging a shot.



Maybe I should introduce myself. My name is Jill. I've been married to Paul since Feb of 2006. We have a dog named Charlie and a cat named Maggie. They're spoiled rotten. We don't have any children yet. We've been TTC since June 2007 with no luck so far. When we started trying, we decided that we wouldn't go in the direction of IUI or IVF, and that, if we couldn't become parents the "traditional" way, we'd adopt. The closer we get to that reality, the harder it is to fathom. More on that later. Paul and I bought his brother's house last year, and we're doing minor improvements here and there when we can afford it. My goal is to get it to look as different as possible from when his brother lived there, because sometimes I still feel like I'm living in someone else's house.



I have a very big family. We're not the Duggars or anything, but we're a decent bunch. I am the oldest of 6( Johnny, Connie, Emily, Ben (17) and Megan(16)), and I have a foster brother,Derek, who is 8 months younger than me. Connie is married to Andrew and they have a BEAUTIFUL set of twin girls, who are my life. Derek is married to Mandi, and they have a son and are expecting a little girl. You'll hear plenty about them in the future.



In this blog, I'm planning to talk a little bit about everything. You'll hear a little bit about my family, a little bit about TTC, and a little bit about the day to day life of being a "sorta" newlywed and all the stuff that comes along with it. Let's see if I can keep it up........

1 comment:

Mombi said...

Welcome to blog land!

xoxo