ast night I had my first ever ZUMBA class. My mom signed me up to do it with her and my aunt as a birthday gift. I’ve wanted to try it since I heard about it about a year ago- so I was SUPER excited!!!! They say these classes fill up quickly, so I assumed that they were relatively small classes. Imagine my surprise when I walked in to find no less than 50 women standing around waiting for class to start. It was pretty cool!
Now, I HATE to work out. There’s nothing fun to me about sweating enough to drench my clothing. In fact, I gag just thinking about sweat (especially other people’s. The Hubs is a pretty sweaty guy, so that makes things a bit awkward at times.) So when my friend told me that I would be drenched by the time the class was over, I started to dread it. Honestly, though, it was AMAZING! I had so much energy afterwards that I was racing around the grocery store like it was my job. I can see how people get addicted to it!
The Hubs doesn’t think I’m going to keep going. Heck yes I will!
Also, last night was the premier of the new 90210. I was a HUGE fan back in the day. I still am, actually. I watch re-runs whenever I can catch it on. These people were my idols growing up. I had Brian Austin Green posters all over my room, and I call my brother Brandon Walsh. (Seriously, aside from the journalism thing, the similarities are pretty scary. Also, he’s single.) I wanted to be Jennie Garth, cried when Shannen Doherty left, and got all misty when David and Donna got married. FAVORITE. SHOW. EVER.
I’m not sure how I felt about the new version. It could sink like most other spin offs, or it could take off like Degrassi: the Next Generation (where Shenea Grimes comes from.) I don’t think the pilot was done particularly well, but I’m excited to see where they take the stories.
Things I hated about last night:
- The Peach Pit. HELLO! It’s a diner, not a coffee house. Why did they have to change it.
- Nat didn’t get enough screen time. I hope they don’t just push him to the side in the new version- he was such an important part of the original.
- Brenda didn’t come in until the very end-ish. Does anyone else think she looks terrible?
- All in all, the original characters seemed to just be thrown in to get viewers, and their stories weren’t very developed- even Kelly’s. There’s so much potential there! UGH! The writers better get on that.
- not sure how I feel about the fact that there isn’t really a central group of friends. It seems like the “group” is so scattered. I hope they become more of a cohesive unit. The strong friendship between the main characters is what ultimately made the original so successful, I believe.
Things I LOVED about last night:
- Seeing Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez. I hope they do more with her than just a blurb.
- Erin Silver. It’s exciting to see her all grown up!
- Nat. I just love him.
- I really like most of the new cast as well. I wasn’t crazy about Naomi (she’s an UGLY crier) or the actress girl, but maybe they’ll grow on me.
- The storylines have potential. I hope they run with them.
I think I’ll give it a few more episodes to make my decision on this show. The pilot wasn’t anything explosive or exciting, but I have a feeling that they are just getting started…….