Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jon&Kate&IF&Us

I know, right? You’re thinking 3 posts in 3 days?! It has to be some sort of miracle! Honestly, I think I just had to admit to myself and to the world that I’m in a rut, and then the floodgates of communication opened up. Amazing how that happens….




You know that commercial on TLC where it’s Jon and Kate and they’re holding hands and they look up and smile at each other? Why does it affect me so much? I bawl like a baby every time I see it, and it makes the Hubs laugh. I know I’m not the only one…. I’ve read your blogs. I know you cry too! What is it about that commercial, though? I mean, I know it was all staged, but it just looked like we stepped in to a real, perfect moment, right? I usually fast forward through commercials ( DVR is the world’s best invention- aside from indoor plumbing) but this one I stop and watch every time!




I just love them, and I love their kids, and I love how they’re just so real with each other all the time. I think, too, that I love how they struggled with infertility. I wouldn’t wish IF on anyone, but it makes me have hope that we can get to the other side of this struggle. (Hopefully not with 8 kids, but whatever it takes, I guess.)




What amazing episodes that have had lately, too! San Diego! HAWAII!!! How amazing and beautiful! (I’ve always dreamed of going to Hawaii. I actually cry when I see pictures of it, because I have no idea when/if I’ll ever make it there. I was watching Jon & Kate +8 with the Hubs and said “I WILL make it there before I die.” My Husband, who never wants to put us in unnecessary debt - and a vacation is always seen as unnecessary debt - said “I will get you there someday. We might be 70, and I might have to put us in debt up to our eyeballs, but I WILL get you there.” ::sigh:)




I’m so glad that they always mention how grateful they are to have the opportunities that they are given because of the show. I know they probably sit back every once in a while and say “I have no idea how we would be able to survive if it weren’t for the show.” I mean, can you imagine?! I know from seeing my sister raise twins that multiple infants/ toddlers are expensive. Can you imagine 6 of them?! I just have no idea how anyone could handle that. I’m sure they see it as a prayer answered x 100.




Wow, that was a lot of rambling about a TV show, huh? As far as our IF struggle is going…. I’m now up to 1500mg of Met, but I’m not really losing any weight. I haven’t been able to get out and exercise much, though, so that might be part of it. I’m not sure if I ovulated this month. I had a temp shift (but I slacked one weekend and didn’t temp- of course that’s when I should have seen the shift) but I didn’t have any cm, and fertility friend didn’t mention anything about an O…. however, I started spotting this morning, so that’s a good sign (I’ve been sick most of the month, so I was 100% sure that I wasn’t pregnant. AF would mean that the met is working, right?! I mean, how do you really know that it’s working?) We can’t really afford any treatments until after the holidays, so I’m going to call after the first of the year to get in for a consultation with the RE, so that the Hubs knows what he’s getting into when he agrees to do IUI…. I guess we’ll go from there!




I want to thank everyone who responded to my last couple of posts….especially the one where I mentioned our rut. Those responses really helped me get my mind going in the right direction. I missed you all, too!

3 comments:

Dana said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about that commercial with J and K + 8!! I cry everytime I see it. The way they look at each other with so much love and thankfulness that they are where they are and they are still sane..hehe My metformin took a while to kick in for me. I don't know why, but I was sick for a couple of months and ticked b/c I wasn't seeing any changes...then all of a sudden I wasn't sick anymore and I started to lose weight. Still not sure if I am ovulating, b/c I stopped temping and all that jazz, but just know you are on the right track :D

Oh and I sooo want to go to Hawaii too...I will pray that we both get there before we get old...hehe

Jendeis said...

I am so with you on that commercial. Their smiles just light up the room. I'm in love with that song too.

John Dear and I went to Hawaii (Oahu only) this summer and it was amazing. Can you use credit card points? Our credit card lets us use points with a few airlines and some hotels too.

Erin said...

I just found your blog through the Stirrup Queen Blog Roll and I had to jump in and say that I get that lump in my throat every time their commercials come on. The new ones they are running with "It's a Beautiful Day" makes me weepy and give me a grin all in the same moment. My husband also looks at me and laughs in that loving way. So nice to see other people are as affected as I am!