Thursday, December 11, 2008

Neurotic Tendencies

Usually around this time of year, I’m SOOOOO ready for the New Year to come. I’m usually burned out, and ready for a fresh start. It’s a great time to look back on the year past and reflect on everything that has happened, and all of the lessons learned.

That being said… I HATE HATE HATE and LOATHE the “year in review” issues of pretty much everything. It seems like everywhere you look, some magazine or blog or website or TV show is doing a year in review item. I’m sorry, but I was there. I lived through it. It’s old news and boring to me now. What’s the point in re-hashing it? Is there no new news at the end of every year?

Maybe I should add- I’m one of those people who will only read a book or watch a movie one time (with a few exceptions, of course). I don’t buy CDs because I get sick of the songs on it so fast that it’s just not worth the money to me. I rarely watch re-runs on TV (the Office and Friends are pretty much the only exceptions to that). I’ve always been this way- even with my appearance. I get sick of my hair and clothes ALL THE TIME.

Am I the only one who feels this way? (Does it seem like I’m always asking for reassurance? Is this some hidden insecurity? Should I see a shrink? Am I crazy?!)

No comments: