So I’m not going to do a year in review for 2 reasons. 1. I hate them, 2. 2008 was pretty unremarkable for me. I think the most exciting thing that happened to me was finding out that I was insulin resistant, and then I actually made it to the gym once or twice. 2008 will go down as a year where I was an observer.
I’m so bad at keeping resolutions, but I always make them anyway. This year, I have a whole list! I’m not going to call them resolutions- more like goals that I’m setting for myself in 2009. Curious? Ok, I’ll share:
- Build up our savings account to at least $1500 (we’ve pretty much drained it with house things that came up this year.)
- Have more sex (with my husband, of course!)
- Work out AT LEAST 3x a week. If I can’t make it to the gym, I’m going to do some stuff at home.
- Eat healthier.
- Fit into a size 8.
- Do a 30 day raw vegan cleanse (I honestly don’t know if I’ll be able to do this. I’m really not a fan of raw veggies at all, so we’ll see what happens.)
- Remember to take all my meds all the time. I’ve gotten REALLY bad at taking them. (I was really good when I only had to take 2 pills a day, but adding the 3rd one really screwed me up!)
- Build up a vacation fund. (The goal is to go to Disney World with my family in spring 2010.)
- Get a second (or different) job and/or go back to school.
- Keep my house “company ready” at all times.
- GET PREGNANT!
I know, that last one is a bit of a shocker, isn’t it? Who knew? Anyway, there you have it. I will try my hardest to meet or beat these goals. If I don’t meet ALL of them, then that’s OK, too, as long as I at least tried. I think I’ll keep myself in line by reporting updates here. Wish me luck!
Do you make resolutions? What was the best thing that happened to you in 2008? The worst thing? What are you hoping 2009 will bring?
HAPPY NEW YEAR! If you’re going out tonight, please be safe.