Monday, July 7, 2008

HELLLOOOO OUT THERE!

Hello my bloggy friends! I've been MIA for a while. Sorry about that! I was out living my life and didn't have time to blog about it. I know, that's crazy talk, right? Well, I'm back and I have to tell you... it's pretty exciting to see double digits in my comments section :) Comments rock. You guys rock. This whole blogging thing rocks!



What have I been doing that's so important that I can't even check in here, you ask? Ummmm alot of nothing, actually. I have a bit of a cold or allergies or something that keeps me coughing ALL THE TIME. I actually called off of work on Thursday because my co-workers were "annoyed" on Wednesday that I kept coughing. Right.... because I LOVE coughing so much that I do it for fun. So I took an extra long weekend and it was great!



Friday and Saturday were spent with my family. It's so great to be able to just chill out with the people that you love most in the world and eat summer only food and pretend that the rest of the world doesn't matter. The Littles were as adorable as always. It's so amazing just watching them grow up. Who knew that I would grow up to prefer the babblings and antics of 19 month olds to intellectual (or not) conversations with adults? Not me! I love those girls so much that I can't even imagine loving my own children as much. I know I will, and probably more, but it's just so hard to fathom.



Yesterday my puppy graduated from puppy obedience classes! YAY CHARLIE! He's such a showoff! He ignores us at home (of course) but as soon as we open the door of the car, he knows where he is and can't wait to show off what he can do. He made lots of friends. If I had the time, I'd love to make him a member of the Doggie Brigade and take him to visit the kids at Children's Hospital. I know he would LOVE that, and so would they, but "mommy" has to work and just doesn't have time for it. So sad.



In other news, We got to spend the holiday with a very special person. Kelly DePew is my best friend's sister and my sister's best friend. She just returned from her 2nd tour of Iraq with the Army. We all feel so grateful and blessed that she was able to return to us for the second time alive and in one piece. Welcome home, Kel! We love you!



I have so much more to talk about, but I think I'll save my thoughts for another post. I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday weekend! Now back to the grindstone.......

No comments: