Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mercury must be in Retrograde

I have no idea what that means, but every time I hear it, it makes me think of people going crazy and bad things happening. It seems to me that the last few days have been that way....





I found out (reaffirmed?) that my husband's boss sucks at life. I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty here, but let's just say that he's completely two-faced has lost my complete respect. Again. And he was FINALLY starting to win it back after our big blow up 2 years ago. (Yes, I had words with my husband's boss. He contacted me via email and basically called me a bad wife. The Hubs almost quit and it actually almost came to blows.) The Hubs loves his job, though, so it REALLY sucks...... I hope that this turn of events isn't going to lead us down the road that I see it headed. Past behavior is the best predictor for future behavior,right? I'm so worried right now, I think I might puke.



A good friend of mine called the other night. I didn't pick up because I was sleeping, and I just figured he was on his way home from work (he's a chef) and forgot that I have a normal people job and get up in the morning. Turns out he was in a really bad way. His fiance had just freaked out on him, aborted his child, and returned the very expensive engagement ring that he bought her.... one day after the return policy was up. He's (understandably) torn into a million pieces right now, and there's not a darn thing I can do about it. I can't even give him a real hug, because he's in FL and I'm in OH. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.... he's such an amazing person and would have been an incredible father. He really wanted that baby.............................



Another amazing friend and co-worker came up to me today to tell me about some problems she was having with her boyfriend. She is such a strong person, and to see tears glistening in her eyes almost brought me to my knees.



I love being the person that my friends turn to for advice. I love being the person that will lend an ear and a shoulder. I love knowing that people think I'm dependable and knowledgable enough to share their problems with. I love feeling like I'm helping. I HATE, however, hearing that my friends are in a bad way and not being able to do ANYTHING to fix it. Why can't everyone just be happy all the time? A little drama here and there is ok, but I just don't understand how some people can be so CRUEL... especially to people who are so amazing.

No comments: