Friday, July 11, 2008

You Asked... My Dream Vacation

A while ago I posted this post. Nobody answered, so I posted it again here. Feel free to add questions at any time. They're fun to answer!



Today's question: Hot Tub Lizzy asked "What's your dream vacation? Have you taken it already?"



Answer: Hawaii and No. I will get there before I die, though.... I promise I will. I did, however, go on a pretty kick-a** honeymoon cruise. You want to hear all about it? Well, OK, if you insist.....



For our honeymoon, in FEBRUARY, when the weather in Ohio was in the negatives, the Hubs and I went on a carribean cruise. If you've never done that before, I HIGHLY SUGGEST IT! We had a ton of fun and learned a bit along the way. Some quick lessons:

1. The hubs is way too tall to fly coach (he's 6'4''. I'm 5'2''. My tall girlfriends hate me)

2. Those shore excusions are way overpriced.

3. People in the islands drive like they're insane. Seriously. I thought I was going to toss my cookies while riding sardine style in a tour bus.

4. Even though they have something going on every single minute of ever single day you're on the ship, it's ok to check out for an hour or 3 every afternoon and take a nap.

5. It's also OK to order everything on the menu at dinner just to taste it. Especially when it comes to dessert. The food is all on the ship anyway. If it doesn't get consumed by someone, it's going to waste anyway.... might as well get something out of it.

6. The people in Jamaica that try to sell you crap are SWINDLERS! They prey on gullible people who think they can't live if you don't pay them $50 for a pair of totems that they carved in 5 minutes and then carved your name in so they can't sell them to anyone else. (That was the first and last time I let the Hubs "wheel and deal" with any of the islanders.)

7. Be Prepared! For about a week after you get off of the ship, you'll feel like your still rocking. It's very possible to get sea sick on solid ground.




My question to you: If you could go anywhere in the world and cost wasn't an issue, where would you go?

No comments: