Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Whatever Wednesday

Time for another installment of “Whatever Wednesday!”



~ Long story short: Like everyone else in the world, I have some family members that I choose not to associate with because they’re just not good people. One particular cousin is white trash at its white trashiest. This “woman” has 4 children. She abused them in every possible way. When I was 18, they all stayed with my family for a couple of months between houses. I got to witness this abuse first hand, and it almost killed me. Every time I heard her tell these children that they were stupid or not good enough, I wanted to take something big and heavy and throw it at her head. I wanted to save those children, but I was too young. There was nothing I could do except tell them that I thought they were beautiful and worth so much more than they were being told. I haven’t seen them since they left my house after that “visit.” Fast forward to yesterday. One of the kids, K, found me on myspace and sent me a friend request. She’s 19 and now has 3 children. Her oldest was conceived when she was 14 and hanging out with her mom at bars. I’m pretty sure the daddy was in his late 20’s or early 30’s. It breaks my heart to see them all now, knowing what they’ve gone through in their short lives…. and I’m sure I haven’t even heard a fraction of it. I cried for hours last night because I just couldn’t save them………… no matter how badly I wanted to.



~ The Hubbs is sick. Pros: He slept in the basement (it’s easier to breathe down there when you’re sick… it’s cooler and there is a reclining sofa down there) so I got the whole big bed to myself last night. It was SO nice! Cons: men SUCK when they’re sick. Apparently sick with a cold means they can’t move as soon as there’s someone around to take care of them. I’m sure he did fine yesterday while I was gone, but as soon as I got home, he was an invalid. Men.



~ It’s Wednesday… that means I only have 2 more days until I can sleep in.



~ I complain a lot, huh?



~ I really want to see 2 movies: Wall-e (VERY drive-in worthy) and The Dark Knight. I have a huge crush on Christian Bale and have ever since I saw him in Newsies. He’s one sexy mofo. I think it’s his smile… there’s something so appealing about his crooked smile………. Excuse me while I wipe the drool off of my chin.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

My heart would, and is, breaking for them too! How horrible. I'm surprised social services never took them away, after she was 14 giving birth.

I love Christian Bale too: Newsies is definitely the movie that had be crushin' on him.

Here via ICLW