Monday, June 16, 2008

A much needed break

This weekend felt almost like a vacation… except that I got to sleep in my own nice, comfy bed and I got to take my dog. Here’s the breakdown, if you were curious



Friday: we tried to go to an Indians game. We drove the hour to Cleveland, under some pretty menacing skies, with the hopes that the storm would blow over. No sooner did we park the car, but the sky opened up and it was a crazy storm with thunder and lightning. We stuck around for 2 hours, but pretty much thought the game was going to be called, so we left and went to get some food. As we got into the car after eating, we heard the announcement that they were going to start playing. At that time it was 9:30 and some of us had plans and had to get up in the morning, so we decided to go on home. No rain out tickets for us! It wasn’t a total waste, though, because I got to spend some good quality time with my sister.



Saturday: SO busy- ran some errands, met a friend for breakfast, met my sisters and the Littles for breakfast and some shopping. The Littles LOVE shopping! They’ll pull out clothes in their size (yes, they’re 18 months old and they know what size they wear) and say “ooooOOOOOOooooo” and then put said outfits in the cart. M is a little fashionista and has been picking out her clothes since birth. Seriously. We would hold up clothes for her to pick from and she would reach for the outfit she wanted. Smart cookie. A loves shoes. Her favorite kinds are pink and sparkly. She also likes the light up kind. After shopping, we all headed to a local Irish Festival and rocked out to some Irish music. I bought a really great celtic cross made out of some twigs or vines or something. I’ll have to post a picture when we finally get it hung up. Also, I had my first funnel cake of summer. It isn’t summer until that first funnel cake. I love those things! Then home to bed and the Hubs and my sweet animals.



Sunday: I overcompensated for the fact that the Hubs is not yet a father for making sure I did whatever my own dad wanted. He decided that he wanted to go to a local mini golf course. (They also have other stuff, too, like batting cages, sand volleyball and bumper boats that have squirt guns on them. Fun stuff… beside the fact that I HATE mini golf.) A great time was had by all, and we all left happy and content with life. On the way up, there was this exchange in the car between me, my sister Em, and my autistic brother, Ben:



Me: Em, I’m sorry to report that the world doesn’t revolve around you.



Em: My world does!



Ben: (singing from the back seat where he was playing his Nintendo DS) It’s a small world after all………..



AH my family. I love them!

2 comments:

andrea said...

i'm glad you had such a nice weekend! sorry you didn't get to see the game though...

SAHW said...

Your family sounds awesome. :) Sounds like you had a great weekend!