Monday, August 4, 2008

Marriage Builder Monday

It's MONDAY again! I know, how excited are you?!(she asked sarcastically.)



Do you ever look back at a certain time period in your life and say "what in the world was I even DOING that took up that much time?!" Well, the past 2 weeks, I haven't been home except to sleep. My poor Husband! And the sad thing is- I have NO IDEA what I've been doing that was so important that it kept me away from home! I know I met with a couple of friends that I hadn't seen in a really long time, so that may have been worth it.... and I went grocery shopping and let the Hubs chill at home with his DVR and video games, so that was nice of me... but really? It's sad.



This week, as a marriage building gesture, I will go home from work every day. If I have to go back out, I will wait until after I have made dinner and we have eaten it together, and then I will go run whatever errands I need to run. Hopefully the Hubs will tag along, but probably not. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

andrea said...

i hate being so busy yet not knowing exactly what i am busy doing....

i love dinner together, i think it is very important. we can't do that alot - but one thing we try to do is wake up at the same time, even if i am not a morning person!

JenM said...

Sounds like a great plan! It's hard sometimes to make the time. Hopefully you can drag him on your errands - as much as mine is a pain in the butt in the grocery store, I do appreciate the company.

Marie said...

I was having the same thoughts last night. I fed my hubby at 8pm after errands and he was starving. He works nights so we don't see each other much and sometimes I need to just let the small errands go. Your post is spot on.

SAHW said...

This is a really good idea, and so important! Eating dinner together after a day apart really helps with reconnecting, I find, but of course it takes planning and effort to make sure it happens. Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)