Monday, August 25, 2008

Marriage Builder Monday




To find out more about Marriage Builder Monday, click here.



As I've said in previous My Husband Rocks posts, The Hubs does A LOT around the house. During the week, I cook dinner- and then I'm out for the count. I'll sit in front of the TV until it's about 9:30 and then I get ready for work the next day and go to bed. Mostly, if dishes need done, I either do them before making dinner or not at all. The Hubs goes crazy and can't stand my clutter, so he'll sometimes just start cleaning. I feel bad when he does this, but I just can't seem to get motivated to help. I say "that's what the weekend is for!"



That said, he LOVES it when I clean... especially when I organize things. This week, as my marriage builder challenge, I am going to try to keep at least the first floor in company friendly condition. It's nothing big, and I know keeping it up daily will be a big help for both of us, but I've never been able to do it before- so wish me luck!!!!



What will you do this week?

7 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck!

ICLW

kateypie35 said...

here from ICLW....
That is nice of you to make a commitment to do something nice for your hubbie. Hmmm, what can I do? I always leave dishes in the sink...like all day long, I just deposit the used dishes in the sink, and wash them either late evening or the next morning. This drives my husband batty, cause he works from home and washes dishes and glasses immediately after the last sip/bite is taken (hello anal retentive)! I guess I could make an effort to wash dishes as I go instead of leaving them in a clump. Sigh. I guess.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from ICLW...
I told my husband about My Husband Rocks Friday and Marriage Builder Monday, and do you know what he said? "Is there an Oral Sex Tuesday?"

That's my husband, always good for a laugh.

Anyway, I commend your efforts to build your relationship! Good luck keeping the house company-friendly. That's always what I'm aiming for, but I usually fall short, until company unexpectedly comes over and then I freak out that the house wasn't company-ready and keep it tidy for a while, until I slack off again.

Just Me. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

I think this week, I'm gonna have me a Magnum ice-cream!

KimboSue said...

My hubby loves it when I clean and organize too!

ICLW

Sarah Taylor said...

Hi Jill!
I'm so glad you decided to participate! It can be hard to keep up with a company ready house during the work week...I'm sure your effort will be greatly appreciated! I can't wait to hear how your week turns out! Have a wonderful evening!
Sarah

Manda said...

I can be a bit unmotivated and messy also, and it can drive my boyfriend crazy...he is a clean freak( i guess it's a good thing one of us is :)) So when I do stuff around the house he always makes sure to thank me, which feels great to know you are appreciated. Well anyways I found this site www.flylady.com I love it! Some of it I skip through, but still in general it helps to get me motivated, check it out!